Unofficial Mills

Next Breakfast and Drivetime hosts

radio1fan

• 1 month later...

I like Greg on at drivetime, gives me loads more time to be able to listen to the show at a convenient time. I also am sort of getting to gripss wiith Grimmy now too, perhaps have Fearne hosting the Official Chart and Jameela having a daily slot on weekdays? I also think the breakfast show should start at 7am.

I think Grimmy will be on Breakfast for a while, long enough that someone we don't even know about yet will replace him. I reckon the next major reshuffle will see no change in Breakfast, Mills will go over to Radio 2 with Dev getting his show and Chris staying on with him. Greg will stay where he is and Fearne will probably be replaced with Cairney or Levine. I'm not sure how long Zane has before Hew gets his slot.

The geek formally known as Scott Mills Guru

Zane is getting annoying now with his "PUMP PUMP PUMP"... I'd prefer the softer tones of Huw at that sort of time. I think Radio 1 need to sort out their weekend evening scheduling - at 7:00pm on Saturday evenings, they just swap over to Radio 1Xtra - seems lazy to me.

Why does everybody love Alice Levine, id much prefer Jameela to get a weekday slot to Alice.

Alice sounds good with somebody, but alone she sounds poor and bad.

A lot of people on this site (me included) think that Jameela sounds a bit flirty on-air. I think she's got a great announcing voice, though. Jameela should be axed from presenting altogether and given a job at Newsbeat or doing the trails you hear inbetween records sometimes.

She seems like deadwood to me.

Jameela should be axed from presenting altogether and given a job at Newsbeat or doing the trails you hear inbetween records sometimes.

I think the folk that work at Newsbeat are qualified journalists which (I may be wrong) I don't think Jameela is. The voiceover people are normally freelance so are paid per line, which I don't think Jameela would be into. I personally think she suits the chart quite well.

The geek formally known as Scott Mills Guru

I think the folk that work at Newsbeat are qualified journalists which (I may be wrong) I don't think Jameela is. The voiceover people are normally freelance so are paid per line, which I don't think Jameela would be into. I personally think she suits the chart quite well.

That's a good point - this is, of course, in an ideal world of course - I doubt Jameela will be axed from the chart anytime soon, to be honest.