Unofficial Mills

New Sound of Radio 1!

forde52

Lots to say!

Greg had a very geeky conversation with Chris Smith with the News just after the 4:30 news, naming all four of the new voiceovers. Louisa, Kyle, Rebecca and Merv. And I have a feeling Rebecca (the Scottish one) may have been one of the voices on the Big Weekend imaging? I could be wrong.

So far there seems to be new station and presenter idents (a couple of which I've heard seem to be re-edits of the old idents) as well as new IDs (obviously). Quite a bit of old imaging has snuck through - Newsbeat up until late-afternoon, the Ten Minute Takeover, and the official number one jingle (which for some reason features Holly off of the olden days).

As usual when they change the voiceovers on the news it sounds a bit off but I'm sure we'll adjust.

Overall, a decent update. Good to hear Radio 1 sounding a bit fresher today.

He did yes, Good lad Greg! I think 2 of them were on the Big Weekend ID's, Might have been Kyle? I'm sure I heard a Pure Jingles ID in there with the new voiceovers earlier, so either they've now got them and have made an update, or R1 has Dry copies of all those ID's and put them on themselves.

I was amazed at how many of the old ID's and voiceovers were still on today, and that it took as long as the 5:45 Newsbeat to fully update it, I think they started to make the change around 3:30. At first I thought they weren't going to bother with updating the NewsBeat voices with that new package around the corner, but it mustn't be ready yet. Holly on the number one jingle impressed me the most as it doesn't mention "Watch from 6".

But I agree, it's sounding quite nice!

I'm quite happy with the change of voice overs, especially the female one, doesnt quite beat the David/Holly combo IMO though....

I hope to god they drop 'listen from 4 watch from 6' from the chart IDs for good, they probably wont though. Altough I dont see them visualising Daniel P Carters rock show on a Sunday night, unless ive missed something, so there not really that much of an emphasis needed on advertising the visual aspect of a Sunday night now.

Plus the official chart imaging has been on air since Feb 2012 which is longer than the pure jingles and previous voice overs have been on as they were introduced in April 2012. Time for a change maybe?

Haven't seen them commission a new station sound package so they may still be using pure jingles after 'EMMMonth'.

1tros need to return!

Me neither, unless it's part of the updates that Pure will be doing with the new voice overs. The recent lot got updated with I think Louisa's "One"s on the end.

You might be right about the Ibiza thing, does sound similar!

A bit disappointed that NewsBeat keeps changing back to Mike and Katie on the intro though.

I think one of the female voiceovers (Louisa I believe) done the imaging for Radio 1 in Ibiza.

Her voice rings a bell.

I'm pretty sure it was the R1 Dance Radio imaging, she might've been used in some of the main Ibiza imaging though.

I'm not a fan of the new stuff I've heard personally, especially the fact that there's 4 voices, I like the 1 male & 1 female combo, that's nice and simple, whereas I'm getting lost trying to figure out what's going on when there's 2 people speaking at a time and 3 voices in total during each ID.

Hopefully they'll refine it, after all they've only just started using it on air, but I'm afraid I can't say I like it at the moment.