Unofficial Mills

New Newsbeat Imaging 2014!

forde52

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is great news. By the sounds of it, they're getting new jingles they can use on the TV version of Newsbeat they're going to do on the BBC World Service. Strangely, they don't want any sports or weather beds it seems. I know they're dropping the weather, but it doesn't make sense to drop sport because it's still relevant, and therefore deserves its own bed.

Where it says

The current Newsbeat theme and sonic logo should not be used as a template or inspiration for this commission.

do you think that means there will be new format to the jingles, e.g. instead of a ramp in with the "Listen watch share" cutting in, could it be like how it was before the 2007 package where there was as much or as little time as needed to introduce the news, or even a straight in without any intro, like on 6 Music?

Either way, looking forward to replacing these ageing dull ones at last!

Strangely, they don't want any sports or weather beds it seems.

I hadn't actually noticed that it was not asking for them until just now! Unless they're planning on using the 3 main beds for news sport and weather? Serious for news, Medium for weather and Upbeat for sport?

I kind of hope that Music4 jump on this, their NewsBeat stuff was always good!

do you think that means there will be new format to the jingles, e.g. instead of a ramp in with the "Listen watch share" cutting in, could it be like how it was before the 2007 package where there was as much or as little time as needed to introduce the news, or even a straight in without any intro, like on 6 Music?

Either way, looking forward to replacing these ageing dull ones at last!

Possibly as dont forget they share the news with 1Xtra and have to hit the bed intro at a certain time. It would make sense to have something a bit slicker

Capes :)

So the deadline for the demo's is closed. I don't really know what to expect with this new one if I'm honest!

I'm hoping it will be a similar format to either the current ones or the pre-2007 ones, I'm not a huge fan of the 6Music style in etc. With any luck though, they'll be a lot better than the current ones!

I'm probably in the minority here as I actually think the current ones are cool and OK as they are. They're not too loud and a little catchy...I see the introduction of new ones a ticking time bomb, as they could be too overpowering and not fit in with the rest of the stations branding.

It does interest me though how they use many different companies for their sounds. Koink did the current Newsbeat, Pure Jingles do the main station jingles and Wise Buddah did the Radio 1 Breakfast Show. Moyle fans may remember Music4 did his show music. It'd be interesting to see what Koink could come up with second time round, and also how Pure Jingles would create a theme to fit in with the stations jingles.

I'm probably in the minority here as I actually think the current ones are cool and OK as they are. They're not too loud and a little catchy...I see the introduction of new ones a ticking time bomb, as they could be too overpowering and not fit in with the rest of the stations branding.

It does interest me though how they use many different companies for their sounds. Koink did the current Newsbeat, Pure Jingles do the main station jingles and Wise Buddah did the Radio 1 Breakfast Show. Moyle fans may remember Music4 did his show music. It'd be interesting to see what Koink could come up with second time round, and also how Pure Jingles would create a theme to fit in with the stations jingles.

I never specifically disliked the current package, but I always loved the Music4 one that preceded it. Heard it on a Moyles clip the other day and it just sounds so exciting and has a great build-up.

Same here, I've preferred most of the ones previous to it and this one just never lived up to them. Plus, after three years I was sick of it! Who remembers the days when there'd be a new news package in January each year? Good times for Radio 1.

(Oh and by the way, as in one of my threads I'm still looking for the news packages from around that period (2003-2006 ish) if anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated)

The only Newsbeat by Music4 I can find is this from 2006. Is this the one you're referring to?

http:// http://www.music4.com/search.php?searchField=Newsbeat&t=track&page=1&lpage=&searchButton=search&tpage=1

I don't think the 2009 package, or the slight update to the 2007 one, ever appeared on the Music4 website.

I found the '09 intro on YouTube: http://youtu.be/SE33tW5bvvg

The only Newsbeat by Music4 I can find is this from 2006. Is this the one you're referring to?

http:// http://www.music4.com/search.php?searchField=Newsbeat&t=track&page=1&lpage=&searchButton=search&tpage=1

Music 4 also did the package before that one but was never put on their website, now that was a "funky" news package! I'll see if I can find a clip.

• 4 weeks later...
I have a feeling we will hear this new Newsbeat stuff in September when the line up changes. Sounds like a reasonable time for them to change.

Well that didn't happen. If they've gone to the trouble of revoicing the current jingles, could be a while until the new package goes to air. The current package was commissioned in July 2010 but wasn't used until June 2011, so it might be a long wait.

It's sad how much that annoys me! Glad Greg used it, but only for the 5:45 and not all the others! I can think of two possible explanations: either they've been told not to play the version with the new voices for whatever reason, or each DJ has a copy of the News In on their own cartwall pages, so they don't have the new version and play out the older version they've got.

Is this what it will be like when the new news jingles are launched? Some DJs still playing the old in which is then followed by the new news bed- will sound awful! Seems strange that all the DJs can play the new sweepers and IDs but not the news though.