FIFA World Cup 2010 - South Africa

John

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It adds to the spirit of Africa and the World Cup.

like murders & shootings ?

the Vuvuzela can & will cause hearing problems http://www.citypress.co.za/SouthAfrica/Vuvuzela-noise-tests-fall-on-deaf-ears-20100607 it adds nothing to the game of football, some players have complained that they cannot hear team-mates on the pitch due to the noise, the BBC have already have thousands of complaints about them.

:)

not much African spirit for the poor of South Africa either,

"We are being made to jump through hundreds of hoops so we can do for a month what we have been doing here for years - and that's selling at the stadium," says Nhanhla Mkhize, an ice cream seller.

He says all hopes that the World Cup would improve his life have been dashed.

"Now I know it is just a reminder that the rich will get richer and the poor will get poorer," says the man from Ulamzi township in Durban. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/8663148.stm

Hmmm... Cheap plastic horns don't seem to fit with "the spirit of Africa" to me, and I find them annoying.

But I guess that's my opinion... :confused:

Was just going to post this myself. Traditional African music or whatever propganda crap FIFA are coming up with is not tacky plastic horns that you get free in the Sun.

Taking one of those things to a football match is even worse than taking a drum:cry:

South Africa's World Cup organising chief Danny Jordaan may ban vuvuzelas from inside stadiums after complaints from broadcasters and supporters.

The constant sound of the high-pitched horn-like instrument has so far drowned out much of the atmosphere-generating singing usually associated with games.

And Jordaan, when asked if he would get rid of them, told BBC Sport: "If there are grounds to do so, yes.

"We did say that if any land on the pitch in anger we will take action."

France captain Patrice Evra has already blamed the noise generated by the vuvuzelas, which has been likened to the drone of thousands of bees, for his side's poor showing in their opening group game against Uruguay, which finished goalless.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8737455.stm

hope they do ban them :)

couldn't even hear alan green on 5live this afternoon. mind you, it is on medium wave.

capello you twat, even james would of been better than the unconfident rob green. paul robinson had a better season and he was left behind.

on the grid.

might scrape a 1-0 win, own goal.

i love the fact that the english media have gloated about how rooney will win the world cup all by himself, and how he's the greatest player ever. when steven gerrard will probably leave the tournament as englands best player, just like in 2006.

on the grid.

might scrape a 1-0 win, own goal.

i love the fact that the english media have gloated about how rooney will win the world cup all by himself, and how he's the greatest player ever. when steven gerrard will probably leave the tournament as englands best player, just like in 2006.

And Rooney did sweet f.a. during that match. Don't think i heard his name once on the commentry, mind, all those vuvuzela things didnt help.

www.twitter.com/#!/AlistairRobb93

i dont even mind the english team that much. its more the fcking media, its soo annoying. during the england usa game, it took them all of 20 seconds to mention 1966. its matter for s**t nowadays.

also, alistair, you couldnt be more right. Scotland are easily a better team than a lot of the teams that got through, just happens european qualification is among the toughest.

Scotland, Wales and Ireland FTW!

Enlgand, i hope rooney gets injured

Flash Flash!

i'm not too sure what to think of the scots' opinion, being as i saw some gloating about the 7/7 terror attacks in 2005. plus i think a lot is bitterness not constructive criticism. so i don't really listen. i don't expect england to win the cup, especially when the likes of germany played like they did. and brazil are always in the running for me. i just ask them to give it their best and get as far as they can. that's all.

i think if we had owen fit and firing we wouldn't need to worry about rooney, he looked on fire against villa in the cup final till injury struck, again. thats what we lack, a good finisher. rooney is overmarked and heskey is too crap to take advantage of that.

on the grid.